WINTER WHITE. Beauty !!!
such sophistication in beauty ,I hope that makes sense !!
If you can get past the awkward title I promise – hand on heart – that you will not just like this dish, you will absolutely love it. But first, a confession: it has tempeh.
Is that a deal-breaker? I hope not.
Now, I don’t know about you and your nearest and dearest, but we here at food to glow haven’t always been overly keen on the odd bod pulse cake that is tempeh. Old greedy guts me is better at appreciating its rather earthy charms, but Andrew and Rachel have always been reluctant consumers of this most nutritious form of soy. Until now. In fact, in a food to glow tempeh recipe first, the pan of tempeh sofrito was not only wiped clean, but one of my testers – I won’t say who – was hunting around for any spare dishes of it that might be lurking for photographs…
View original post 353 more words
😀 😀 This just made my morning… I wouldnt mind myself in a ton of these little treats 😛
I suppose most of us need another ice lolly recipe like we need another hole in the head. But before you wander away and look at prettier pictures (these are fairly scrappy. sorry) can I just point out that these taste a hell of a lot nicer than they look. Despite the healthy ingredients, and the brownness of it all, these are indeed fudgesicles. Or at least fudge-like sicles.
View original post 411 more words
So you get those moments where you just feel like whipping up something nice and simple, but you just never know what exactly to make (unless you really already made up your mind ,lol).
Here’s a little something I first made last year, I don’t really have any formal name for it but its pasta with stir-fry or country crop veggies and feta cheese. So before we get into this, I have a thing for feta cheese ❤ .too nice!
RIGHT. . .
Ingredients (you may use your own measurements,depends on how hungry you are 😛 )
- Pasta of your choice (first time I used the screwed pasta ).
- Veggie stir-fry or just country crop veggies.
- Atleast one circle or square of feta cheese.
- Onions and peppers to fry ytour veggies or stir-fry.
- Garlic (optional).
- If you are a chilli lover, like me, it would be advisable to add a little to the stir-fry and maybe a chilli sauce for serving.
- Boil your pasta.
- Chop your onions and pepper in medium size ,reason being if you finely chop it ,it wont even be visible when all stirred up with the veggies.
- Put a little oil in a pan,let it heat up and add crushed or finely chopped garlic or curry powder to the pan and if you love chilli add a chilli of your choice to this heated oil.
- Once your onions and peppers are browned well add the stir-fry or veggies.
- Keep stirring until veggies seem a little bit softer than their natural form.
- Dont forget your pasta! . Rinse it out once it has gone soft ,not mushy.We rinse it out to stop the cooking process .
- Once that’s done,check your veggies and once they have softened add the pasta to the stir-fry .
- Mix the pasta and stir-fry well together, there should’nt be a sign of “clean pasta”.
- You can then switch off your stove and allow the mixture to cool down a little .
- Dish up into a nice deep bowl (We don’t want the deliciousness spilling everywhere now, do we).
- You then take the feta cheese and break pieces of it all over the top of your dish ,top with a sauce of your choice but this goes best with chilli sauce,sweet chilli or mayonnaise.
Go try this out sometime ,and don’t forget to keep the creativity flowing, If you want to add something or you get an idea while cooking, add it , You never know you might be creating the best dish of the world 😀 !!!
Last week Saturday was a lazy day for me.Couldnt even think of studying . Well i was itching to make a young nice lunch and I decided to have pie with some chips/french fries and some good old ‘Lemon Twist’. I really actually love making or at least attempt to make certain foods look glamourous ,thats why this blog is called “Food Porn Network” after all.
- Lets keep the fries nice and cruchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside
- Season your fries well,then only will you feel why this meal is comforting
- As for the pie, I was having chicken and mushroom flavoured pie..not my favourite but hey i worked around it .
So this past week has been really hectic with school coming up Ive been held up that,but that hasnt kept me from eating good tasting food. In fact last week I spent the most of my money on food ,felt guilty for a while but hey ,a girl has to EAT!!!.
Goji Berries and Yoghurt sounds so sexy already !! 😛
Goji berries are said to be one of the most anti-oxidant rich foods on the planet. Some claim that it boosts one’s immunity system, improves one’s brain function, and even extends one’s life expectancy! They are high in vitamins C and A and are also a good source of iron and fiber, and have some protein. I buy them in bulk at a local market, but they are also readily available at health food stores.
The dried berries are quite hard in their dried state. Unlike dried cranberries, they are not very chewy either. In Chinese cuisine, they are used in cooked dishes, so I decided to reconstitute mine in very hot orange juice. I heated 1/4 cup of orange juice and soaked about 1/4 cup of goji berries in it for about 10 – 15 minutes. This really softened them up and made them much easier to chew. I then mixed them in…
View original post 113 more words
So I’m sitting in one lecture room and im thinking to myself “damn I had a boring breakfast”,sour porridge and bread (a lot of people think its weird that I eat porridge with bread but hey its just so filling). I’m that type of person that loves breakfast time but barely eats breakfast in the mornings ,hahahaha ,weird I know. If I had my own apartment I’d host breakfast parties twice a month atleast . The menu would be AWESOME!!!
What would be the perfect breakfast menu:
- Homemade waffels
- Plain yoghurt
- French toast (baked or fried)
- how could i forget BACON 😛
- Variety of cold meats
- Cinnamon rolls (I’ve only had these once but Ive made up my mind , I LOVE ‘EM)
- Variety of fruits and fruit salad bowls
Theres a lot as you can see ,basically I’d have a breakfast buffet in my house if I could.Different foods everyday.Introducing my mouth to so many different tastes. Let me get this money first, then you all can enjoy with me 😀
#Please note that not all of the images I upload are mine.